An insane VR experience at this years San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) with the Jack Ryan VR experience. This is really other level stuff, I mean watch this video and see what happens. I would have been struggling on that plank! All I can say about this is WOW! You must watch this video.
I can see the Location Based VR industry, think VR Arcades and the likes getting into this style of VR attraction. Perhaps at this scale, it will be one of our Theme Parkes up here on the Gold Coast that will get this going. None the less, such exciting times ahead.
Our 360 Video of the week! Queen Nefertari’s Tomb!
News from around the traps.
- Supermedium, a startup that is focusing on WebVR has just raised $1.1 Million in seed funding.
- Amazing, the recreation of the Apollo 11 mission, available on Vive, Oculus Rift and PSVR. Worth a read even if you do not have these headsets as it does illustrate a brilliant use for VR!
- An excerpt from the book Defying Reality: The Inside Story of the Virtual Reality Revolution. A nice read.
- 4D whiskey tour, smell is something we need to become fully immersed. Yes please!
- Love this, history tours being brought to life with AR, watch the video, not much to see in the article. 🙂
- Magic the Gathering AR: I was a part of the Pop Culture industry here in Australia and one thing I know, Magic the Gathering is massive! Here are Augmented Cards, imagine once AR glasses are mainstream!
- Trinity College in Perth is going all in on VR learning, great to see traction in more schools.
- Snap are creating an Augmented Reality Festival in Orlando this October.
- Virtual Reality has hit its tipping point, nice to see. 🙂